Frances Mayes lives on a farm in North Carolina and in Bramasole, the house in Tuscany she bought twenty-four years ago. Her most recent books are The Tuscan Sun Cookbook and a memoir of growing up in Georgia, Under Magnolia.
Eleven Things I Can’t Do Without (because I thought of one more)
- A local bookstore
- Sunrise over the ocean
- Jars of homegrown tomatoes in winter
- Farmers’ markets
- Cicada and tree frog concerts on summer nights
- Tuscan wine
- The nonstop flight from Charlotte to Rome
- My yellow Fiat Panda
- A restaurant that’s a second home
- Pasta with ragù and many other pastas!
- Gelato in Rome and my wooden ice-cream churn in N.C.