Tanya Olson lives in Silver Spring, Maryland. Her first book, Boyishly, was published by YesYes Books in 2013. She has won the Discovery/Boston Review prize and was named a Lambda Emerging Writers Fellow by the Lambda Literary Foundation.
Ten Things I Can’t Do Without
- The occasional visit from and adventure with my nephew
- Organized competition, usually in the form of sports
- Pilot G-2 pens and soft, rough paper
- Burgers cooked on the grill
- Quiet spot and time to read. Ideally, the spot will include a horizontal option. Ideally, the horizontal option would be a hammock.
- Potlucks with friends, where the table is full and the talk is overlapping
- Quiet dinner with my sweetie, followed by quality Netflix series to binge on curled up together with cat on couch
- Opportunity to go to new reading series and leave rubble in my wake after giving a devastatingly awesome reading
- Poems. Writing poems. Reading poems.